In business, as in life, first impressions are essential in establishing a connection between your brand and the consumer. Having a well-designed logo is one of the many ways you can help your business stand out from the rest of the crowd, especially in today’s digital-driven world. Although small, your logo is a symbolic asset that represents your business and acts as a visual embodiment of who you are and what you offer. Here are five reasons why logo design is imperative to your business’s overall success:
‘They’ say a picture is worth 1000 words, but according to Nuanced Media, the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than words–so it turns out a picture is worth at least 60,000. It becomes easy to understand why most businesses select visually-branded logos. With the internet at the consumer’s fingertips, a simple glance at a social media post or website visit can be the difference between grabbing their attention or losing their interest. Your logo is an integral part of that decision-making process!
According to Zippia, about 60% of consumers will avoid a brand with a logo they find odd, ugly, or unappealing. A robust logo design will help reassure consumers that you are a company they feel confident investing in. Businesses help improve their professionalism by adjusting elements of their logo such as color palette, typography, balance, and styling. If you aren’t confident in your logo design, your consumers won’t be!
Builds an Emotional Connection
Apple, Coca-Cola, Disney, Starbucks– what do these iconic brands all have in common? The answer: they possess a logo design that is simple, memorable, timeless, versatile, and appropriate.
- Simple– your logo should be identifiable at a glance. Easy enough, right?
- Memorable– your logo should be easy enough to recall or recreate. For example, take the car industry: do you remember playing “name that car” as a kid? The same principles apply when designing a logo for your business!
- Timeless– your logo should stand the test of time. A well-constructed logo should be unique, compelling, and scalable so that as your business grows, your logo grows with it.
- Versatile– your logo should be able to fit on everything from a pen to a commercial billboard. A versatile logo can work in various sizes, colors, and settings.
- Appropriate– your logo should fit the purpose of your business. For example, the elements found in the logo design of a children’s toy store might not be appropriate to replicate for the logo design of a law firm. Context is essential; nonetheless, be wary.
By possessing these characteristics, brands can establish emotional connections with their consumers via their logo in ways not even they can comprehend.
Improves Customer Loyalty
The more people who see and get familiar with your logo, the more likely they will connect to your brand and purchase from you. Over a prolonged period, this process will become easier for consumers and translate to a higher degree of customer loyalty. Take clothes shopping, for example. You’re looking for a nice pair of track pants to work out in, and you see a Nike swish stitched into it. Right then and there– you know whether or not you want to buy it based on your experience with the brand, how much you trust it, and whether or not you see it as a more valuable investment than your alternatives. Once your customers like you, they will seek out your products or services again and again– and your logo will be the first thing they subconsciously look for.
Fosters Brand Identity
According to Renderforest, 75% of consumers recognize a brand by its logo and prioritize it over visual style, color, and brand voice. If you think a logo is just a jumble of text, colors, and shapes– think again! Your logo is so much more important than you realize. Your logo communicates who you are what you value as a brand. Over time, with consistency and applied effort, your logo eventually comes to represent all of the positive experiences people associate with your brand — and isn’t that the goal?
Are you looking for logo design assistance? Prophase Marketing is here to help! Our in-house graphic design team will work with you to bring your brand vision to life.
We look forward to hearing from you.